If you need a meal that will come together in 15 minutes, this is it. The vegetables are chopped in the time it takes to boil the noodles. Flash fry the veggies in a hot wok, throw in the noodles, pour in the sauce, toss, toss, toss… And you are done. I have sprinkled some sesame seeds for crunch but some roasted peanuts would be a great addition too. Serve yourself a bowl and eat it hot off the wok… Bliss…
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp spicy ketchup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Noodles, cooked and cooled
- Spring onions, whites and green, chopped
- Broccoli florets
- Red Capsicum, sliced
- Bak choy chopped
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Sauce : In a bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ketchup, half of the sesame oil and water. Whisk until emulsified and combined.
- Heat a wok, till smoking. Add the left over sesame oil. Allow to heat up.
- Add the spring onion whites, broccoli, red capsicum, bak choy. Toss till tender crisp and slightly charred.
- Add the cooked and cooled noodles. Add the sauce. Toss well till the noodles are coated and hot.
- Add the spring onion greens, coriander leaves.
- For the noodles to be saucy, one final tip. After adding the coriander leaves add a splash of water, turn off the flame and cover the wok with a lid. Allow to sit for a few minutes. The noodles will literally sauce itself with the steam and will be glazed and shiny.
- Top with sesame seeds or peanuts, before serving.
Bliss in a bowl !!