A meal for one can be simple yet special. This is one such meal. Avocado hummus adds a lovely creamy texture and the caramelized onion and tofu a lovely, almost sweet, charred flavour. The dish happens to be incidentally vegan. And the best part, its filling. The right mix of protein, good fats and carbs make it a fulfilling meal. If you make this for yourself its indulgent, although comes together very quickly. The wrap is also the perfect on-the-go meal too.
Recipe : (yields 2 wraps)
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 tbsp cooked chickpeas
- Coriander leaves. chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- salt to taste
- Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 a packet of Tofu, Cut into strips
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Radish strips
- Coriander leaves
- Flaked Almonds
Avocado Hummus :
- In a bowl add chickpeas and mash with a fork till chunky.
- Add chopped avocado and mash again till combined.
- Add lemon juice, chilli flakes, salt and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander and tomato. Set aside.
Caramelized Onion And Tofu :
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, water. Combine till emulsified.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute.
- Add tofu, sauce and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame till caramelized and slightly charred
- Set aside in a bowl
- Lay down a tortilla. Spread avocado hummus generously.
- Layer the onion and tofu.
- Add radish strips and coriander
- Finish with some flaked almonds.
- Roll the wrap and cut through the middle to show off the layers.
Wrap and munch on the go !!