Baking with Olive Oil is all the rage right now. And for good reason. It lends a very unique flavour and texture. If you want to bake up something soft and moist, Olive Oil is a good fat to use. This banana bread is just that. Soft, moist and filled with the goodness of nuts. For an added indulgence, this has some chocolate chip sprinkled on top. They make for a lovely breakfast or brunch option. Serve with a smear of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. It’s heavenly !!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a bowl combine the two flours, salt, walnuts and fork through.
- In another bowl whisk mashed bananas, olive oil, sugar, vanilla, milk till aerated.
- Combine the wet and the dry. Pour into the loaf pan and sprinkle with flaked almonds and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before slicing.
Brunch with Banana Bread !!