I am on a mission. To make mocktails out of every cocktail. The toughest part of that is getting the flavour right. It shouldn’t be made for the heck of it. There should be balance. So much so, that one shouldn’t miss the alcohol. A Moscow Mule essentially is Vodka, Ginger Beer and Lime Juice. You’ll see that this mocktail has the same earthy, warming and astringent taste of the actual drink. Only it doesn’t contain alcohol and hence good for you.
Ingredients : Makes 2 glasses
- 1 250 ml carton Organic Apple Juice
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 8 – 10 Basil Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Few Pomegranate Arils
- Grate the ginger and extract juice.
- Juice 1 lime or lemon.
- Boil water and add the cinnamon stick, basil leaves and maple syrup. After the water is completely cold, fish out the cinnamon and basil leaves.
- In a glass, add ice cubes. Add half the apple juice, 1 tbsp ginger juice, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp maple syrup water. Stir well.
- Fill the rest of the glass with cold water.
- Top with a lemon wheel, sliced apple, sliced ginger and pomegranate arils.
Perfect Autumn Drink !!