Diwali is around the corner. Indian sweets are everywhere and they are absolutely amazing. But the thing is, I get a huge assortment of them. From friends, family, work and I make a small batch at home too. So a lot of sweets get left behind at times and get distributed to every possible person. So this Diwali I have collaborated with The Gourmet Jar to come up with some unique treats that are festive indulgences with an Indian Twist. They make for lovely party food, return gifts or hostess gifts.
First of the series are these Almond Honey Cookies. They are fudgy, slightly crisp with a fruity honey flavour. They are eggless too. Made with the Almond Honey from Gourmet jar which Organic, delicious and with whole almonds steeping in the honey, it’s one of the healthiest treats you will eat this Diwali.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Almond Honey
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 cup ground Almonds
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 -2 tbsp Milk, if required
- Few almonds for topping the cookies (Optional)
- In a bowl add softened butter and honey. Whisk vigorously till pale and airy
- Add Vanilla, almond extract and whisk further
- In another bowl add flour, almond powder, desiccated coconut, baking powder, salt and fork through.
- Add the wet to the dry and use a wooden spoon to bring it together.
- If the mixture is dry add a tbsp milk at a time till a dough forms.
- Take small portions of dough and flatten slightly and place it on a cookie sheet. Top with an almond from the honey almond jar on the cookie.
- Freeze for an hour or chill for a couple of hours.
- Heat the oven to 170 C. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or till evenly golden brown.
- If you are making this ahead of time for a party, then freeze the cookie first and then transfer to a zip lock bag and freeze till needed. Bake straight from the freezer adding an extra minute to the bake time.
Trending this Diwali !!