This drink deserves to be on your Diwali party menu. Mildly spiced, with traditional Indian flavours and bejeweled colours, it’s an absolute show stopper. Mocktails also help those in a party who don’t consume alcohol not feel left out or sipping plainly on a pepsi or a coca cola. I have used club soda to give it a party kick, but plain cold water would work well too. Make sure you drizzle in the pomegranate juice at the very end for cloudy red hit in the drink.
Ingredients : (makes 2 glasses)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Mango Juice
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Juice
- Club Soda as required
- 1 Cup water
- Ice cubes
- Glacé Cherries for garnish
- In a bowl boil water. Turn off the flame. Add the whole spices and sugar and allow to completely cool down. Strain and set aside.
- In a pitcher, add the spiced water, mango juice, club soda and stir well.
- Heap ice into a glass, pour the spiced mango drink.
- Garnish with a tooth pick that has Glacé cherries on one end.
- When ready to serve, pour pomegranate juice to create a red hit.
- Serve cold.
Let the festivities begin !!