Crispy, Crunchy and flavour wise customisable, what more could one possibly want. This is the go to addition for a salad, soup, pulao or an evening snack. I present to you baked croutons and its variations.
- 4 slices Bread
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Chop up the bread into 1 inch squares and add them to a wide bowl.
- Add olive oil, Italian seasoning, chilli flakes. Toss well.
- Lay them out on a cookie sheet in one layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes. At the end of 8 minutes, toss them in the pan with a spatula.
- Bake for another 5 – 8 minutes. This time totally depends on your oven. Keep an eye, the bread can go from pleasantly golden to burnt in no time.
- Use straightaway or store in an airtight container.
- Using it for salad, avoid the seasoning and continue as above.
- If you need this for an Indian dish like Shorba or a pilaf, replace the italian seasoning with Garam Masala and the chilli flakes with Kashmiri Chilli Powder to taste.
- Want to have it as a light evening snack ? Just toss bread with some olive oil and pepper. Bake and serve with some ketchup and hot tea. Heavenly !
Bread Makeover !